Timmy Tags The Town!
Try saying that title 5 times fast. 😉
Timmy decided to go wild this weekend, going on a tag-fest in which he basically tags everybody with a Jesus meme. I figured I might be able to spread it a little further past the bounds of the original group, so here’s the thing:
1. Those Tagged will share 5 things they dig about Jesus.
2. Those tagged will tag 5 other bloggers.
3. Those tagged will provide a link in the comments section here of their meme so that others can read them.
5 Things I “Dig” About Jesus:
- Jesus is my Lord and Savior, Reedeemer and King, my reason for existence. All I have I owe to Him and Him alone, who created me, sustains me, saved me, and will one day bring me into His presence forever. Without His blood shed on the cross for my sins, I would have none of this, and nothing of what I now enjoy.
- Jesus has unfolded His sovereign plan for my life in everything I have experienced. Everything I have experienced in this life is designed for one ultimate purpose; namely the glory of God in every aspect of my life. He has sought to conform me to Himself that I might bring Him the most glory in every thought, word, and deed. As I look back on the past 30 years, I am astounded at how things have come together to result in my current life situation. There is no way anyone could have planned this. There are no coincidences where God is concerned. It is truly all of grace.
- Jesus is the “fullness of the Godhead bodily.” (Colossians 2:9) This concept had boggled me until I realized that, as I stated above, all I have I owe to Him. He is fully God, without which I would have nothing. He is fully man, without which I would have nothing. I could never grasp the depth of God’s power, holiness, love, and grace if He had not expressed it in His Son. I could never experience it if it had not been expressed in His Son. It would never have been given had it not been expressed in His Son. As God, He has the power to give me all I have. As human, He has rightfully inherited all things from the Father, an inheritance which He graciously imparted to me by faith. Excuse me while I bow the knee for a moment. (Bows and prays for a few seconds)
- Nothing that has happened, is happening, or will happen to me can compare to the glory of knowing Christ and Him crucified. (Philippians 3:8; Romans 8:35-39) I’ve experienced a lot of things in life. I’m deaf. I’ve experienced loss. I’ve struggled physically, mentally, and emotionally. I’ve lost a child. I’ve gotten married. I gained another family through that marriage. I will in the future begin to add to that family. I’ve brought to a place of service. I’ve had every need provided for in one way or another. Yet none of those things can ever come close to matching knowing Christ. Without Him, I’d have none of these joys and sorrows. And with Christ, the joy far outweighs the sorrow. Even better, one day there will be no more sorrow. All because of Christ.
- Jesus is my “all in all.” That may sound corny (and it probably is), but that simple statement sums up everything I could ever say about Jesus. He is my strength, my treasure, my precious jewel. Only a fool would reject Him. And if He had not seen fit to redeem me, I would never have accepted Him. I shudder to think of what I’d experience without Him. Oh, thank you, Jesus, for taking my heart of stone and giving me a heart of flesh, that I might have faith in You and You alone!
Like Timmy said, many of you who read this blog are not yourselves bloggers. I’m going to try and extend this somewhat while also doing what he did. If you are not a blogger, leave a comment listing the 5 things you “dig” about Jesus. Yeah, you can send me an e-mail if you want, but I’ll post it here as well.
Now, to try and get 5 other bloggers. Don’t know how far I can stretch it, but I’ll try.
- Ryan Hall, the Archer of the Forest
- Tim Ellsworth
- Guillaume McDowell
- Scott Lamb
- Shane Morgan